Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Snowboarding is cooler than skiing.

Discussion in 'Snowboarding' started by Dabu, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Dabu

Dabu New Member

Snowboarding is a lot more fun than skiing. :p

If you disagree, please let me know so I can argue with you and convince you to come to the cool side of winter sports :cool:

2. mlotziii

mlotziii Administrator Staff Member

Never snowboarded. Snowboarding wasn't really 'cool' when I bought skis. So I've only been skiing. I don't think snowboarders should be imprisoned but I do think noobs learning to snowboard should not be allowed on the trails everyone else is skiing down. I'm tired of seeing snowboarders catch an edge and slam down on their face right in front of me. The noise and crying ruins what would be an otherwise peaceful and enjoyable experience.:cool:

3. Dabu

Dabu New Member

Haha! I think it's funny when anyone falls. It makes me feel better about myself.

Manipulation of the snowboard is similar to the ways of the surf board, water board, skate board and maybe some other board that I'm forgetting to mention. For cool people who have used other boards, the snow board is just as cool.

I've been skiing before, it's fun. But snowboarding is more fun.

4. Siscowet

Siscowet New Member

I started expedition skiing with Nordic Telmarking skis before I went to regular downhill skiis as a concession to middle age. You can't put skins on a snowboard and hike up 5,000 feet to near a pinnacle before you head down. Gotta have a friend with a helicopter, which I didn't have. My son tried both and liked skiing the best. He likes tree skiing, and I think he feels he has more control with skiis in the trees. If I was younger, I have no doubt I would do both. Almost gave it a try in Whistler BC back in 1988. Should have. Next time I hop on skiis I think it will be in Barilouche, Argentina. If you are single, by the way, the women down there are stunning. One thing with Snowboards, you don't get the knee injuries, instead you get back injuries, according to my Orthopedic friends.

5. Dabu

Dabu New Member

Skiing is more practical than snowboarding. And yes, if I had to move up and down snowy mountains, I'd use ski's. But a snowboard would still be more fun :D