Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Recently elected President of the Superior Sport Fishing Alliance

Discussion in 'Awards' started by Siscowet, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Siscowet

Siscowet New Member

I was recently elected to the above post. The Alliance, or SSFA, is an alliance of 12 fishing clubs that circumvent a third of Lake Superior. Our goal is to develop an association of like minded clubs to work with the State, Federal, and Provincial governments to protect and improve the Lake Superior Sport Fishery. We will be settig up our website very soon.

2. mlotziii

mlotziii Administrator Staff Member

This is a great idea! In Maryland we have the MSSA (Maryland Saltwater Sportfishing Alliance). They have done similar work with the state and federal government. If you're not paying attention to either they have the incredible ability to change regulations that cause a heap of problems.

3. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 New Member

Over here, East and West is a long ways apart.
    On the west side of the state is Trout Unlimited{I think that is the name} and on the east side is "Walleyes Unlimited" and they is always fighting, what one wants, the other does`nt.
    It`d sure be nice to see them get together and do something productive.
    Most walleye people likes trouts too, but, most trouts people does`nt like walleyes, so, let the battles begin.
    I like Pike, neither walleye people nor trout people likes pike.
    Fish and game collects a dollar on every license for trout unlimited, but, Walleys Unlimited has to scrounge and have bake sales and fish feeds to keep the Walleyes stocked in the ponds on the Eastern side.
    There`s more people to the west so evertime there is some new ruling to be voted on by the taxpayers, the trouts people always wins.
    A real mess over here for sure.
    Congratulations on becoming prez over such a big gathering of groups and people there Sisco.