Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

"How To, BackPacks"

Discussion in 'Backpacking' started by MrMarty51, Oct 30, 2013.

1. MrMarty51

MrMarty51 New Member

OK, so I have been thinking about purchasing a backpack. I knows absolutely nothingk about whut to look for, more importantly, I think, is, what to look "OUT" for.
    My back is sort of messed up so I`d guess I would want to stay under fifty pounds, tent, sleeping bag, ammo, and food and water.
    I know that`d be a lot to ask for, especially on a four or five days journey into the back woods, or even the hills and plains of Eastern Montana.
    I am just over six foot tall, about 6`-1" and weigh in at under 190 on any day, usually holding in at 18o to 185.
    I know there is a method for measuring the body for a back pack that fits, I do not know squat about this procedure.
    I would like a pack with the internal frame too and with the whatchamacallit cinch belt for keeping the pack in position above the hips, I`d guess.
    Now, for the down side, I have no money, whenever there is something I need or want, it takes a very long time to get the mooolah together so I can make My purchase. For instance, a Mil. Surp. bipod I just purchased, less than thirty dollars, it took Me a month to get that much money together, so, I am on a very tight budget too, I guess it`ll be the "BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK."
    Show Me the way guide.